How to Grill a Bison Steak
- Grill, Broil or Pan-Fry (Lightly oil skillet if pan-cooking)
- A cut 1 inch or thicker is desirable.
- Bring steaks to room temperature BEFORE cooking. Cooking cold meat toughens muscle fibers
- Cook from rare to medium for best results.
- Bison steaks should never be cooked to well-done. Grilling steaks past medium will result in tough and dry meat every time!
- Remember it will cook 1/3rd faster than beef!
- Heat grill or skillet to 400-500 degrees before putting steaks on, then back heat down to 325 degrees.
Grill steaks 4-6 inches above medium hot coals at 325 degrees for the following times, depending on thickness: